Water Hygiene Services
AHS provide a range of water hygiene services including L8 Legionella Risk Assessments.
We are a member of the Legionella Control Association: reg no. 2022/3642
Alexandra Heating Services strictly adhere to the LCA code of conduct for LCA members which may be viewed by following this link: https://www.legionellacontrol.org.uk/_data/pdf/Code-of-Conduct-for-Members-701.19-04-22.pdf
We are also a member of the BSI (British Standards Institute) Membership number: 47871369
Maintaining healthy water systems at your business, building, factory or site is a legal obligation. This applies to all water systems including process water, potable water, air handling units, drinking water, swimming pools and spas, domestic systems and any other use where water droplets/aerosol spray can be generated.
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HSWA), Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) and The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (MHSWR) an employer or person in control of a premises has a legal duty to ensure the safety of staff, visitors and people in the vicinity of their property.
If you are a duty holder it is your legal obligation to carry out a legionella risk assessment of your water system. In the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) L8, you must consider the risks from Legionella that could affect your employees or members of the public, and take suitable precautions.
Compliance ensures protection of buildings, people and organisational reputation.
The HSE states:
You or the person responsible for managing risks, need to understand your water systems, the equipment associated with the system such as pumps, heat exchangers, showers etc, and its constituent parts. Identify whether they are likely to create a risk from exposure to legionella, and whether:
- the water temperature in all or some parts of the system is between 20–45 °C
- water is stored or re-circulated as part of your system
- there are sources of nutrients such as rust, sludge, scale, organic matter and biofilms
- the conditions are likely to encourage bacteria to multiply
- it is possible for water droplets to be produced and, if so, whether they can be dispersed over a wide area, eg showers and aerosols from cooling towers
- it is likely that any of your employees, residents, visitors etc are more susceptible to infection due to age, illness, a weakened immune system etc and whether they could be exposed to any contaminated water droplets
If you are unsure how these obligations affect you book a free telephone assessment today.
How AHS can help
We can offer expert advice to enable monitoring and maintenance of water supplies.
We can assess and treat your closed water systems, boiler systems and cooling towers.
AHS holds LCA registration number (TBA) for the following service categories;
Legionella Risk Assessment Services
• Hot and Cold Water System Risk Assessment
Legionella Monitoring, Remedial Works & Compliance
• Interpretation of Analysis
Cleaning and Disinfection Services
• Hot and Cold Water Systems Disinfection
• Process and Other Systems Cleaning and Disinfection
Plant and Equipment Services
Water Hygiene Services – Areas Served:
- Salisbury / Winchester / New Forest / Amesbury
- Andover / Whitchurch / Newbury
- Romsey / Alton / Meon Valley