Do you use extension leads in your home and wonder if too many appliances are plugged in? Why not use this interactive tool to see if your socket can cope with what you are plugging in.
Overloading of any socket is a real danger to you and your home and is one of the main causes of electrical fires in the home.
Here are some of the common danger signs;
• a smell of hot plastic or burning near an appliance or socket
• sparks or smoke coming from a plug or appliance
• blackness or scorch marks around a socket or plug, or on an appliance
• damaged or frayed leads
• coloured wire inside leads showing at the plug or anywhere else
• melted plastic on appliance casings or leads
• fuses that blow or circuit-breakers that operate for no obvious reason
If you have concerns about your electrical sockets or overloading send us an email at email@example.com or call on 01722 417873